les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Friday, July 20, 2012

The unknown visitors

This evening we have lots of people coming for a meal.

Firstly a chef who is on a gastronomic tour and contacted us about the English Service. I haven't heard from him since, but I assume he's coming. We'll wait a decent time before eating.

Secondly a Dutch family on the way to the Pyrenees. They contacted us interested in their kids doing something with the English-speaking kids from church. Basically that means our kid, so we invited them too.

Thirdly someone who we know who contacted me to say that they're leaving Bordeaux in mid-August so they'll be in church on Sunday. Since my phone went off for repair I have lost lots of numbers, so I am not sure who this is. We THINK we know, but we'll see.

I hope we have enough salad....

Postscript : We had enough salad and loads and loads of pizza, the chef didn't come, the mystery guest was Héber and our new Dutch friends are considering long-term overseas mission.

No comments: