Phew - that was the week that was, now the weekend

Well the poulie double got fixed and I talked through the car a bit with M. Plazy, our garage man. He reckons we'll get another three years out of it, no problem. Also now that Catrin is in her lycée in the middle of Bordeaux the car really will only be used for church purposes and for the weekly shop. No more daily school run.

Meanwhile our new colleagues decided on a flat, then read the contract and hesitated because it seemed that their cat was prohibited. A night of deliberation and hesitation, then a text message to the landlord - no problem for the cat - and so all is on again.

Meanwhile preparation is proceeding. I have fallen in love with my text for Sunday morning. Always a good sign.


S’il y a donc de l’encouragement en Christ, s'il y a de la consolation dans l'amour, s'il y a une communion de l’Esprit, s'il y a de la tendresse et de la compassion,

I've highlighted certain things in bold because I want to concentrate on those things - the riches that inspire a change of heart.

On Saturday afternoon I'm conducting a wedding at 5pm and I think I have deduced the village it's taking place in, Gauriac, so I am much more confident about finding the wedding, even though I do not yet have an address for the venure.

So Saturday 17:00 wedding. 19:00 Chinese. Sunday 10:30 French service, 18:00 English Service.

Cool. Bring it on !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen