les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

This week (and looking ahead)

This week is another crazy week. Here's what's on the agenda :

Tues : prayer meeting.
Wed : conseil presbytéral then Passerelles Bible Study
Thur : English class
Fri : FAC Lunchtime Bible Study and Bordeaux South Home Group
Sat : Chinese Service
Sun : French Service, English Service.

So preparation has to be EFFICIENT. For me that means getting the passages read today and stewing away in my little heart. I generally print them out on sheets of A4, too, so I can stare at them blankly in the tram.

I am also starting to prepare seriously for three messages I have to give at a conference the week after Easter. I'm going to be surrounded by preachers from whose wellingtons I am not worthy to lick the mud. I am standing in for somone of the same stature. However I also know that they are not worthy to lick the mud from my wellingtons, either, but I still want to be well prepared and not leave everything till last minute as usual.

p.s. in industry there is a special term used for 'last minute'. They call it "Just in Time" and it is seen as a Good Thing.

No comments: