Something to think about !

I was catching up on reading this morning. One of the nice things about this internet thingie is that several authors make their books available for download in mp3 format, notably John Piper, of course, and so it was that I decided to read a little book by C J Mahaney called "Biblical productivity".

Well, read is a bit strong. As I get older I get more and more impatient with myself and less and less able to spend time quietly reflecting, so I skim-read it. It seemed to be largely about redeeming the time by dealing with procrastination, by clarifying your roles and setting appropriate goals. Here's a link to where you can download it too.

Ironic, then, to read this little reflection from the über-wise Carl Trueman (did anyone ever have a more apt name ?) cited on Gary Brady's blog here.

Makes you think, doesn't it. Or at least it would if you could just sit down with a cup of tea and take the time to think !

I hate leaving Bordeaux, but one benefit of our long trek to Britain this summer is that you have some time to think. Time on the motorways. Time talking with friends. Time stuck in a hotel in Dartford. It was good to have that time and to reflect on what goals need to be reemphasised in the coming year. For one thing, I hope to spend less time dashing from one thing to another and more time talking with chaps. I think both Carl and C J would approve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen