Bonne année à toutes et à tous

We welcomed the New Year with some other church families at the home of some friends.

I warned Pat that French people do not eat sticks of raw carrot, but they were game and had a try - one of the nippers really liked them. Still, Pat had rescued me from a major panic attack in the supermarket when I was shopping for crudités and carrot sticks were the only things that came to mind !

I warned everyone that mince pies are extremely sweet and we had crème fraiche with them to kill the edge of the sweetness, but they went down a treat !

Pat warned me that she only had three words in her list for Pictionary (Pictionnaire ?) so I thought quickly and whipped up a list of twelve words / expressions - we played gars contre filles. It was interesting, but seemed to work OK, even for such things as "Les Bienveillants","boite à vitesses" "l'Italie", and "On ira tous au Paradis"... I decided to give "Avatar" a miss.

But the candles took my voice away, so I was nul when it came to singing. (I'm such a diva !)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen