Architectes et conseils presbytéraux

Yesterday was spent basically sat on my tail end at church ! A meeting with our architect to discuss plans to buy the building and to produce a dossier showing our project for the building - a dossier we can use for the authorities (town hall, etc.) as well as for churches and people who may like to help us.

Then the conseil presbytéral, which is always a happy time but where there's always lots of important matters to discuss - including big issues relating to finance and not fogetting our reason for being here, which is to reach the area with the gospel.

I took my trombone with me because it takes an hour to get to the church by public transport, 1/2 hour by car, so there's no point trying to go home for lunch. I intended feeding quickly, then taking advantage of the church to do some of my forte staccato broken arpeggio stuff, but Dik also stayed around so instead we ate together and talked about important things, like the future for the various ministries we are involved in here.

There was a prayer meeting in the evening at Latresne that I had anticipated going to, but by the time I got home at 19h, ate, made some important phone calls about student accommodation and correctly identified the family, distinguishing the male child from the female child ( easy, he's the bigger one ! ) and getting the name of each right first time, it was too late to go.

This morning is a bit more mobile - leafleting round the church. Good-oh ! Followed by the afternoon at the student centre. In theory I should stay for the Bible Study this evening, but since that would mean that I would leave the house at 8h30 and not return till about 23h, I think I had better come home instead and eat again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen