Hmm - cheap catéchismes.

We could really do with a cheap catechism with scripture proofs in French. The Geneva Catéchisme is available but doesn't have Scripture proofs. Le catéchisme de Heidelberg is also available but it costs 5€ a shot, which is a lot when you want to give thm out to Christian students. We were thinking more like 50c !

We find that our students need grounding in baic Christian doctrines like the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit, etc. A catechism with scripture proofs is a good way of doing this.

I may have to produce a desktop published Heidelberg catechism.

Comments

Emmanuel said…
I agree 100%. I have cut up a cheap shorter catechism, and laminated the pages so that I can carry them around with me, and learn it wherever I am, even under the rain, or discretely at work.
I would not dream of cutting up my Catéchisme de Heidelberg, and I've had the same idea as you, then print it onto Cards, and laminate.
You can find the full French version here: http://www.vbru.net/src/ccr/ccr_heidelberg_kerygma.html
It is the same text published by Kerygma, so there might be copyright issues. But it is definitely worth exploring.
Alan said…
Yes, I've formatted that into an A5 booklet but even with really quite small print it comes to 95 pages - 24 sheets of A4 printed double sided, stapled and folded.

My stapler doesn't really do the job very well.

But apart from that it's great, with verses and eveything. Perhaps I should divide it up into the different sections.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen