They say that everyone has at least one book inside them

They are wrong ! 

I have to write just a few simple things, almost everything in English, and you'd swear I was trying to climb Everest in rollerskates.

Basically in English I have to write our prayer letter (that one's OK once you decide what you need to say) and an article for an august Christian magazine. One thing is sure: once they read what I produce they'll never ask me again ! 

That should be my motto. "Never knowingly asked again."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Having just gone to the 'Telegraph' link above, I thought it appropriate to enquire of you, do you mean, '...climb Everest ON rollerskates'? Or maybe you meant IN rollerBOOTS? Just a thought!
Alan said…
You want to keep away from those dodgy sites where people have a go at each other about their use and abuse of English, you know :)
Anonymous said…
What would a Welshman, know about that subject??? I saw on the site that they were having a go at some of our cousins from across the pond too. It would be fun were it not just too easy.

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen