It takes patient service

I was thinking about a friend who has just joined a mission team in a city in Britain that is characterised perhaps like no other by churches that have a reputation for vibrant, Bible-preaching life. I then thought about Bordeaux. I thought about our lack of just strong, solid, stable churches. I thought about our lack of all kinds of things that in Britain (and the USA) are just taken for granted. Everything is just so FRAGILE !

Then I read this post by the étrangère. It helped me to remember that it is about giving time and patient service. The other post she refers to, "Nothing works, so try everything", is very helpful, too.

Nothing works. That's true, isn't it. If something worked then we'd all do that and it would always work ! Instead we know that nothing works, so we are committed to trying everything - we are committed to doing things that do not work, because we know that God is at work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen