At last - the phone and internet seem to be working OK

Well - basically, anyway. But what a struggle!

I tried running Wanadoo's software using their wireless adapter. It failed intermittently - claiming it couldn't link with the wireless router just 2 metres away.

I tried running Wanadoo's software using a USB link to the router. That was AWFUL! The modem would freeze up. The PC wouldn't shut down properly. I did more resets than I have ever done before.

So I decided that since the router was set up I would uninstall Wanadoo's software and simply connect using the old Belkin wireless adapter I used to use. I did that yesterday afternoon. (It was Sunday, but there was a special reason for wanting a stable internet connection.)

And now we seem to be nice and stable. Both PCs have been online all day (we've been in and out of the house, but one PC has had Radio 4 streaming through it.) All seems OK - except that the only telephone socket that works is the one in the garage! (I suspect a dodgy ADSL filter)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen