Gastro - gone

Saturday 13/7 I finally felt more like myself again, though it seemed unwise to wander far from a good toilet. That makes 10 days of gastro-enteritis!

Sunday I was able to preach. 

Monday I was pretty washed out and good for nothing. Meanwhile Pat's back was responding well to painkillers, rest and gentle exercise.

Tuesday we went into the café, travelling by bus'd'sub on the way there and bus 9 coming back (never again!).

Our tram that takes us to church and to the café is currently having some major engineering works, so it's out of commission until next week. The city lays on relay buses (bus'd'sub, for bus de substitution), which are slow, hot and crowded. They follow, more or less, the route the train would take. We decided to take bus 9 along the boulevard to come back, but it's slow, long and crowded, too. Worse than the bus'd'sub.

Wednesday, yesterday, we got to the café on time by taking an earlier bus'd'sub, then decided to make the best of the good weather by taking a free river-cruise, by which I mean using the water-buses instead of the tramway for some of the journey. It was blissful!

Today - we cycled into the café. I joined the league of slow-bikers, and we had a most pleasant journey to the café, quicker, more restful and altogether more pleasant than the bus'd'sub. I rode more quickly coming back because it was HOT, but still it beat the bus by far. Pat came home via a wool shop.

I think we're both on the mend.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen