Five favourite books

The International Club of Bordeaux asked for five book recommendations for the summer. 

Oh boy, what do you recommend? 
Do you just put five favourite books? But how many recommendations of Tolkien can they stand? 
Do you try to push an agenda? Gwyn Thomas, Dylan Thomas, Richard Llewelyn and the Mabinogion?
Do you try to push a different agenda? Tolkien, C S Lewis, John Donne, Bunyan...

In the end I tried to be original :

1. Shadow of the Sickle - translation of Cysgod y Cryman
By: Islwyn Ffowc-Elis

Post-war political aftermath in a rural farm. Beautiful.

2. "Three men in a boat"
By: Jerome K Jerome

You'll never look at a tin of pineapple the same way again.

3. La Classe de Neige
By: Emmanuel Carrère

Token representative of the murder mysteries and thrillers that I love to read, and a real page-turner.

4. A Child's Christmas in Wales
By: Dylan Thomas

The wizard works magic spells with ordinary stories in ordinary words.

5. My family and other animals
By: Gerald Durrell

A set text for school, my mother thought I was ill when she heard me laughing in bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen