Weekend frolics

Stinking cold reached its climax, with coughing, spluttering and other joyous explosions. I sneaked into the Chinese meeting just in time to finish off some stewed vegetables with very strong chillies and then do my talk on Mark 7, the syrophoenician woman and the deaf-mute man. Then I scuttled off home to bed.

We were just about to leave the house on Sunday morning when "Aaaarrrggghhhhh" came the sickening cry from the bedroom. Pat had done a false move and her back was in spasm. We left Catrin as nurse and Gwilym and I zoomed off to church.

AM my voice almost gave up shortly into the morning service because I sang. Stupid me. So I got some coffee and gave up singing till after the message. Héber read my reading for me and the message went OK except that subjugué in French has changed meaning since I learnt it ! It means captivated by someone's charm - entranced... You have to say assujetti or mis sous le joug. Oh well, it'll be sorted for when I preach that message in Anglade.

After the evening English service I crawled into my bed, thankful to have been gotten through the day !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen