les Davey de France

Alan and Pat live and work in Bordeaux. Alan is a pastor and Pat was a nurse. Now we work with UFM worldwide. Read on! (If you'd like to know what took us to Bordeaux, then start with the archives from September 2004)

Saturday, December 04, 2010

It's my own stupid fault

1) when the guy with the most scary cold I have ever seen sat next to me for the end of synod service last Saturday, I didn't move to sit elsewhere. No, but seriously ! He was sweating so much at one point I wondered if it was a heart attack. I won't be so restrained next time. Next time I'll move.

2) when it was obvious that I had a sore throat I tried to ignore it and hoped it would go away. It didn't. Next time I'll take it seriously.

3) when it developed into a streaming cold I just carried on regardless in the same old way that I usually do, even with Bouchra's rebuke 'On se soigne, hein ? On reste à la maison et on prend des vitamines...' ringing in my ears. Next time I'll be good, I promise.

Except I might just do the same things all over again...

Still this afternoon is the big afternoon when I get to leave the house for the first time since Wednesday morning. Yipppeee.

No comments: