Last baptism service

I just conducted my last baptism service. As you'll imagine, it was a bittersweet experience for me. I hope it was all sweet for the folks who were baptised! A brother and sister (children of one of our deacons); one at school, the other at University. Then a mother and daughter. The daughter is in her twenties, and her mother has MS, so was baptised by effusion (lots of water) in her wheelchair at the edge of the pool.

Our sister church in Flint held a baptism service this morning, too, when five youngsters were baptised, and this comes at the end of an academic year when lots of youngsters across North Wales have come to faith in Jesus Christ and come into membership in our (AECW) churches.

It's a wonderful thing to see. I think of God's grace to our rotten land, and of those future church leaders who are among them, and the others who will hear the gospel through them. The church was absolutely full. Absolutely full.

I'm not brilliant at keeping my emotions in check. I don't do "detached". When the first one was baptised (the lad) he came up and his dad hugged him ... and I almost lost it. I just managed to sit on my feelings ready for his sister and the other girl. Then came the lady with MS. Well, we got through! That's about all I can say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bit about music exams in UK and France

The Kitchen